Wednesday, October 12, 2011

a gift for john mills

I am so excited about these little guys. My best friend, aka wife Tracy Williford, is blessing us with John Mills Williford this December. If we are lucky, it will be November! Am I the only one who likes for babies to come early?

Tracy and TJ have put together a great nursery! I have to say at first I was a little skeptical because there is a very large queen bed in the middle of the room as well as a gun safe, but the final product works out perfectly! And the new double stroller is perfect for covering up the gun safe - sorry you lost that one Tracy. Tracy asked me to do some paintings for the room. So I stuck with the masculine/neutral theme and let Tracy pick the animals.

Here is the final product:


Deer - because John Mills will hunt...duh


Duck - not too exciting, but, hey, it's a duck


Fish - well...more like a Whale Fish


Sheep - I kinda like this one the best. Looks cuddly. 


Here is the whole gang together.

As you can tell by this blog, I have not painted in a while. John Mills gave me some inspiration to get back in that studio and get lost in there. I have an idea for my next attempt - a tribute to Jackson Pollock. He is by far my favorite artist. I fell in love with him during college in an art appreciation class. I don't even remember the other artists I learned about. 

Unfortunately, I did not get this inspiration in time to enter something new into this upcoming Denied and Underexposed show. I really like this initiative going on in Montgomery and hope everyone will go out on 11-11-11 and see the show. There are some great pieces to experience and some that will captivate you for a good part of an hour. There is not much information up on their site yet, but keep looking. Location is still to come. You can also find them on Facebook. I think they put more information there than they do the website.

Enjoy this clip my friend David Robertson put together of the last show we did with Denied and Underexposed:




No comments:

Post a Comment